SSC Stenographer Salary 2022 : Salary Structure, Job Profile After 7th Pay Commission, Promotions and Many More
SSC Stenographer 2022 is a national-level exam held by the Staff Selection Commission to fill the positions of Stenographer Grade C (Group B Non-Gazetted) and Grade D (Group C) in various Ministries/Departments/Organisations.
Following the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission, the salary of the SSC Stenographer is updated. Currently, the in-hand salary for SSC Stenographers in Grade C and D is roughly 14000 and 7500, respectively.
Candidates who have passed the 12th standard and want to work for the Government of India can sit for the SSC Stenographer exam.
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Stenographer examination to recruit eligible candidates in Grade C and Grade D levels in various ministries and departments of the Central Government. Candidates should consult SSC Exams for information on
other positions for which the commission conducts recruitment.
Aspirants who plan to take the SSC Stenographer exam may be interested in the job description, work profile, and basic SSC Stenographer salary. On that note, let’s discuss the SSC Stenographer salary and work profile of the SSC Stenographer Grade C and Grade D employees.
SSC Stenographer Salary After 7th Pay Commission :
The SSC remuneration for stenographers is determined by the commission. As a government career, SSC Stenographers have a strong wage structure with the possibility of increment. SSC Stenographer salary varies according to grade. The salary structure for
Stenographers Grade C and Grade D is shown below.
The following is the SSC Grade C Stenographer salary, pay band, and initial and basic pay:
|Stenographer Grade C Salary Breakdown||Amount (Rupees)|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||Rs 9,300 – 34,800/- PM|
|Pay Scale Range||Rs 4,200 or 4,600 (Grade 2)|
|Starting Salary||Rs 5200|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary(Grade C)||Rs 14500/-|
The following is the SSC Grade D Stenographer Salary, pay band, beginning and basic salary:
|Stenographer Grade D Salary Breakdown||Amount (Rupees)|
|SSC Stenographer Pay Scale||Rs 5,200 – 20,200/- PM|
|Pay Scale Range||Rs 2400 ( Grade 1)|
|Starting Salary||Rs 5200|
|SSC Stenographer Basic Salary(Grade D)||Rs 7600/-|
SSC Stenographers are entitled to the following allowances in addition to the salary listed in the table for both grades:
- House Rent Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Transport Allowance
Now that SSC stenographer aspirants are aware of the baseline pay they would receive following passing the exam, let us have a quick look at the SSC Stenographer Job Profile.
SSC Stenographer Job Profile
The commission hires stenographers in two grades: Grade C and Grade D. The work profile of stenographers differs depending on their grade and location. The following are the specific responsibilities of SSC Stenographers in Grade C and Grade D:
- Speech writing- entails taking notes on the speeches of senior authorities.
- Press briefings- entail attending press conferences, taking notes on the conference contents and address, and then assisting in the creation of press releases.
- Providing assistance to Ministers and officers in crucial governmental proceedings.
- Assisting the Public Relations officer with information about the government& position on various issues.
SSC Stenographer Promotions :
The SSC Stenographer position has a lot of scope for growth. Candidates who join as Stenographers in any Grade are subject to the following promotions:
- Promotions for SSC Stenographers are time-bound, i.e. depending on the length of service.
- Promotions are given, and the SSC Stenographer Grade can be raised by passing Departmental exams.
- The final promotion and pay scale increase might be as much as Rs. 23000 per month.
More Govt Jobs For 10th/12th Pass
- AOC Recruitment 2022 Apply Online for 3068 Tradesman Mate, Fireman, JOA Vacancy : Apply Here Now
- DRDO CEPTAM 10 Recruitment 2022 Apply Online for 1901 Senior Technical Assistant & Technician Post : Apply Here Now
- Join Indian Coast Guard Recruitment 2022 Apply Online for 300 Navik and Yantrik Vacancies : Apply Here Now
- BSF Recruitment 2022 Apply Online for 1635 Head Constable & ASI Posts : Apply Here Now
- SAIL Recruitment 2022 Apply Online For 400 Apprentice Vacancy : Apply Here Now